Light up the Sky
Some storms blew through North Texas last night, and the lightning was pretty intense in certain areas. This video was shot in Fort Worth during a 30 minute period when a whole bunch of transformers exploded, leaving about 5,000 people without power. As I watched this, I was reminded of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Lots of colorful light bursts!
If you can't see the video, click here to view it.
We're starting a new series at church on May 22nd, and I'm pretty excited about it. It will last the entire Summer, and we're going to look at selected chapters from the book of Psalms. The series is called "Upward", and I'm hoping it will generate a lot of excitement during the Summer months. Here's the promotional video for the series:
If you can't see this video, click here to view it.
I've kind of grown tired of the over-produced, super slick style of worship music that everyone's playing these days. Some of it's good, but it's everywhere, and it's all starting to feel the same. Well, recently I stumbled onto something called High Street Hymns, and I really like it. Check out the song below. How have I never heard this before?
Finally, I am going to make a bold proclamation... I like Twitter better than Facebook. There, I said it. On Twitter, I can follow who I want to follow, and I don't get any annoying friend requests from people I don't know or don't remember. People can follow me too, but I don't have to ever post anything if I don't want to. For some reason, I just like to browse people's tweets, and then I'm done. I can simply be a spectator, with no fear of commitment. I like that. What does that say about me?
Some of my favorite people to follow are:
- Tim Keller - Pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian in Manhattan. Dr. Keller's posts always make me thankful for the grace of God.
- Jim Gaffigan - This guy is one of my favorite comedians, and his tweets are pretty hilarious.
- Bill Simmons - He's a writer and analyst for ESPN, and his hot sports opinions are unique and clever.
- The Quotable Les Miles - Mesmerizing quotes from the head coach at LSU. Miles is awesome, but he often makes no sense.
- CS Lewis - Brilliant, bite-sized commentary from one of the smartest Christians in modern history. I know he's dead, but that's the great thing about reading his tweets!!