Monday, October 29, 2007

Where Ya Been?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/ive-been-everywhere.jpg

It's been a long time since I've posted on this silly blog, and I apologize for that. I'm still here, and I plan on continuing to post and maintain Cajun Roast Beef, but life's been a bit hectic, and I've taken a little break.

Here's what's been happening since we last spoke:
  • My boss went on sabbatical for 3 months, and I've absorbed his workload, which includes Bible Communities, Single Parent Ministries, Young Adult Ministires, Car Care Ministiry and Toolbox. Phew!
  • My wife went back to work for the first time in 6 years. She is teaching Science at First Baptist Academy in Downtown Dallas. She's also coaching the 8th grade girls basketball team (Did I mention that she was the point guard for the 1988 Louisiana State Champions?). And, yes, she's still a Mother of 4 young children (that part doesn't change!)
  • Our two oldest children, Trent (8) and Cale (6) played an entire season of football. Both boys played like future LSU Tigers, and we're very proud of them!
  • I coached Trent's football team. All that means is that I was busy two nights a week with practice, and was at games every Saturday. It was totally worth it!!
  • I (along with a lot of help from some very gifted people) organized a 5K run/walk benefitting Water is Basic, an organization committed to providing clean water in Sudan. The race attracted 563 runners and raised more than $12,000 for Water is Basic.
  • Jillian, my baby girl, turned 3 years old. Man, is she special!
  • Pierce, my Autistic wonder child, continued his therapy, and is now saying several words very clearly. I know it doesn't sound like much, but this is tremendous progress!!
So, if I haven't posted in a while, I hope you'll understand that life has been a bit overwhelming, and I'm just taking a few moments to catch my breath. Thanks for reading. Stay tuned for more frequent postings!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know that Kim played college ball, much less won a national championship!!! Holy crap! What else did she do? Invent the internet?