Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Moving, Driving and Spinning

Moving is horrible. As I write this I am surrounded by boxes and clutter. Each box signifies disorder, and although I'm ok with the occasional lack of order, it's a different story when the only thing that characterizes your life is mass chaos.

Add to that the fact that I'm driving to and from my new home, Corsicana, TX, about three days a week. I love to drive, but with gas prices soaring to ridiculous new heights, it's not as fun as it used to be.

In short, my life is spinning like a race car tire, and I'm having trouble sleeping. Crazy thing is, I'm doing really well! I love my new church, and feel energized by thoughts of the future. It seems, for me, that I'm at my best when things are spinning out of control. It's when things become boring that I stumble around, like a kid stepping off a merry-go-round, dizzy from the furious wave of activity.

We'll be in our new house this Thursday, June 12. I've already preached my first two sermons at my new church, and things are going swimmingly. In all, things are going very well, and the Lord is giving me the strength to maintain a pretty high level even through all the changes. I'm just hoping and praying that I won't crash and burn when the dust settles a bit.

I'm going to bed now so that I can continue to fidget like a kid in church until I finally nod off at about 5am. Good times, man... Good times.

No comments: