Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Day in the Life...


I can't seem to find anything that really jazzes me these days, so I've kind of slowed down on writing posts. Sorry. Let me just share with you what I did today. I was a little drained after last week because I had to speak at a funeral for a kid that was in my old youth group who decided it would be a good idea to kill himself. I baptized this kid. Man, it's tough to be a pastor at times.

I was also tired because we had a major event at church on Sunday night, and it was kind of my baby. Things went very well, but it just took all the wind out of my sails.

Anyway, I decided to take a personal day, and today was that day! Here's what I did:

  1. Got up this morning and prepared the kids for school, after which I dropped them off at the illustrious Roanoke Elementary.
  2. Fell asleep on the couch while watching a documentary on NYU's Downtown Hospital and its work after the 9/11 attacks. Is it wrong to fall asleep during a 9/11 documentary?
  3. Woke up again at around 9:25, and headed to Barnes & Noble. I read halfway through a book about Autism, and then flew through a fascinating book by Scott Turow called One L. It's about Turow's first year as a law student at Harvard. Really interesting stuff.
  4. After reading for a few hours, I walked through the Southlake Town Center, one of America's largest outdoor malls, to Snuffers. I loves me some Snuffers. I ate some spicy chicken strips and may have had a certain beverage or two. It was nice.
  5. My final guilty pleasure of the day was a viewing of the film The Departed. Sweet mercy, this movie was good. Leonardo DiCaprio, who I usually despise, was very good in this film. It's easily the best role I've seen him take. This show had me hooked from the first frame to the last. One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a while.
  6. When I left the theatre, it was snowing! I mean it was really snowing. It came down in white sheets for about two hours. That makes three snowfalls this year in my neck of the woods. Man, that global warming is really screwing things up.

No comments: