Just wanted to post a few of the cd's, or albums, or whatever you want to call them's that I've been listening to lately. I'm a bit of an old fogey in that I usually listen to talk radio (Sports radio 1310 - the Ticket, to be exact), but I've been listening to a lot of fun new music lately, and I thought I'd share it with you. Wanna hear it? Hear it go:
- Guster, "Ganging up on The Sun" - Really cool stuff. Kind of Ben Folds meets Coldplay. Catchy music and good writing with a dash of contemplative pop. Very cool.
- Keane, "Under the Iron Sea" - A real U2-ie kind of band with a 80's flare. Loves me some Keane.
- Anything by Spoon - I like everything I've heard from them. Kind of remind me of The Cars on some stuff, but much more broad. Good stuff.
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, "Howl" - This group is just cool. Accoustic and raw, yet polished. If you like Blues, but don't like the redundant licks, you'll enjoy this fresh band. This is the kind of stuff Doc Savage, Spyder Monkey and I would've listened to on road trips. I like 'em a lot!
- John Mayer, "Continuum" - OK, so many of you will ask me to turn in my "Indie music cool guy" card for putting a mainstream guy like Mayer on the list, but this is a great album. Lots of Jazz and Blues, and no radio "hits" in the whole bunch. This is one guy who deserves to be on a major label. Check out "Gravity." Great song!