Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Smells Like Tiger Bait!!

Only 11 days until my beloved LSU Tigers take the field at the legendary Tiger Stadium. I know everyone's got their favorite places to watch a game, but I want to invite any of you, even if you're not a fan of the Tigers, to try to make your way to Baton Rouge on a fall Saturday night for a game in Death Valley. I'm a bit biased, but I think any fan of sports would love the environment. I've been to many great stadiums; Auburn's Jordan-Hare, A&M's Kyle Field, Colorado's Folsom Field, Florida's Swamp, Tennessee's Neyland Stadium, and many others, but I've never been anywhere like Tiger Stadium. It's loud, low-rent, and flowing with great food and drink.

I'm getting goosebumps just talking about it!!

My favorite game that I attended was the Florida game in 1997. Florida came in ranked #1 in the nation, and Steve Spurrier's team was poised to take another national title. The 14th ranked Tigers were supposed to be out of this one early, as everyone was confident the Gator's passing attack would prove too potent for the Tigers. LSU won the game 28-21. We stormed the field after the game, and it was awesome. That was in the second year of my marriage, and Kim and I celebrated that victory with my brother-in-law and the girl who would become his wife. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Anyway, I love Tiger Stadium, and apparently so does this guy. He ranks it #1 on his list of college game day experiences. Geaux Tigers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How dare you compare the great Kyle Field to Tiger Stadium.

College football is my favorite time of year and I can't wait to be glued to the television screen every saturday this fall. The SEC will be fun to watch this fall. It will defintely be a slug fest for sure.