Friday, August 29, 2008

The Obama Tidal Wave


I'm feeling more and more like there's no way John McCain can beat Barak Obama. Last night at the Democratic National Convention, Obama spoke to a crowd of 80,000 people at Invesco Field in Denver, CO. It was electric. I certainly don't agree with Obama on a litany of issues, but he is the single most gifted politician I have ever witnessed. The man can deliver a speech. He is a force like none other in the political realm, and it's hard for me to see how anyone can knock this guy off course.

McCain, in an interesting move, has asked a woman named Sara Palin to be his Vice President. I like Palin, at least what I know of her. I like that McCain picked her. I love it that she decided to keep her Downs Syndrome child instead of abort him. I like knowing that the Vice President can relate to what it's like to have a special needs child. I really like this pick. But...

...It will not be enough. Obama is just too polished... too genunie... too good at being extremely like-able to be unseated. McCain has taken a huge risk on this one, and I genuinely hope it pans out. As much as I respect Obama's talents and intellect, I simply can't vote for him because of some of his radical views (particularly on the military and abortion). I actually like Obama more than McCain, but I think McCain and Palin will be better for the country.

Lord help us as we wade through this fascinating political season!

No comments: